Endometriosis is one of the common disorders wherein you can find the tissue is seen lining the inside of the uterus called endometrium that grows in the outer surface of the uterus. Endometriosis often involves over your bowel, ovaries or over the tissue lining on your pelvis. Rarely, you will find the endometrial tissue spreading beyond the pelvic region. This condition can thicken, bleeds and breaks down with every menstrual cycle. This condition can cause issues like pain at times it can be severe especially during the menstrual period. One can develop fertility issues, which can be sorted out using certain treatments.
Though there is no exact cause is known for the problem of endometriosis yet you can find some common causes of the same as under:
- Retrograde menstruation: This brings in the menstrual blood comprising of endometrial cells, which flows back via the fallopian tubes and inside the pelvic cavity rather out of the body.
- Embryonic cell growth: The cells lining over the abdominal and pelvic cavities are seen coming from the embryonic cells, which become one of the causes to this problem.
- Surgical scar implantation: This surgery also becomes one of the key causes to this problem as attached to a surgical incision. The other causes include endometrial cells transport and Immune system disorder.
- Stages or Types of Endometriosis
- The stages pertaining to issues like Endometriosis have the following stages as enlisted below:
- Typical: is found in a form of black spots over white fibrous areas and this varies in size ranging from one to two centimetre in diameter and thus falls under the first stage.
- Cystic Ovarian: It carries cysts that are larger than 45 cm that grow along as much reaching to 15 cm along with covering the ovary.
- Deep: in this stage you can find solid tumours ranging 5-6 cm in diameters.
Risk Factors for Endometriosis
There are number of risk factors, which deal with endometriosis:
- Permanent infertility
- Bring in other issues
- Pelvic infection
- Abnormal uterine
Recognizing the Symptoms of Endometriosis
There are seven symptoms and signs pertaining to endometriosis, which include the following:
- Get Painful periods wherein you will feel pelvic pain leading to cramping for a couple for days in the period including abdominal pain at the lower back area.
- You feel the pain while having sex during the process of intercourse
- You feel pain during the urination or while the bowel movements.
- You experience the issue of excessive bleeding
- Infertility including both permanent and temporary
- Besides this condition also bring in a number of other symptoms, which include fatigue, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, and bloating one experiences in menstrual periods.
Potential Complications of Endometriosis
The endometriosis includes the two major complications, which are as under and has to be understood properly:
Infertility: One of the key complications to this problem includes endometriosis is impaired fertility. A good amount of women are seen facing this problem while getting pregnant. For pregnancy, one needs an egg at least to inside the ovary and thus move via the neighbour fallopian tube. With this issue, you can find the tube getting obstructed and thus keep the sperm and egg from coming closer. However, with this condition can even hamper the fertility issue.
Ovarian Cancer: The other major complications one can face with the issue of endometriosis include the menace of ovarian cancer. Though there are certain studies that claim that this can be the more likely complication one can face, but certain studies this complication to be lesser one. In other words, if any women face this problem of endometriosis then it is certainly not a good news and hence should be treated on an urgent basis.