Loss of tooth due to accident or aging can be a problem in many ways. Right from facing a number of functional issues to emotional and psychological, it can prove out to be a big ailment that can bring in problem in many ways. When it comes to solution pertaining to tooth replacement options, you have a couple of choices including dentures, dental implants and bridges. All of these options have both merits and demerits, which we will be discussing in the following paragraphs, let’s start with dentures as under:
Tooth Replacement: Dentures
It can be called as the removable replacement option for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. There are two types of dentures, which include both the complete and partial dentures. When you talk about dentures, they can mean different things for different people. Now, let’s check the types:
Types of Dentures
When it comes to types of dentures, there are basically two types, which are discussed as below:
Complete Dentures: It is nothing but a set of complete dentures, which are used while the different natural teeth require replacing. The upper dentures are seen replacing the top row of teeth and the lower dentures. The complete dentures are both immediate and conventional, which are made once the teeth are removed while the gum tissue are seen getting healed, whereas the other may need a one to 2 weeks times.
Overdentures: The implant therapy is often prescribed for people having multiple or one or having a wide range of teeth missing. People having all the teeth or multiple numbers of teeth missing can often opt for partial dentures, which is also known as overdentures. The overdentures can be called the replacement teeth that are retained with the help of dental implants. These were simply developed for patients find back better quality of life, which people been missing.
Tooth Replacement: Dental Bridges
The other tooth replacement option for people without teeth includes dental bridges. It is nothing but a structure found in between two different crowns, which is used to fill the gaps found in between the missing teeth. The bridges can promise a number of benefits, which include restoring your smile, restoring your capability to properly speak and chew along with maintaining the face and its shape. It helps in distributing the forces with the help of your bite with the help of replacing the missing teeth. Lastly, it helps in preventing the remaining teeth from issues like drifting out of the position.
Types of dental bridges
When it comes to choosing the types of dental bridges, you can find three main types of dental bridges, which are as under:
- Traditional Bridges: It involves creating your own crown for implant or tooth over the either side of the missing tooth along with a replacement tooth also called pontic found in between. The traditional bridges are among the common kinds of bridges and are made up of ceramics and metal.
- Cantilever Bridges: These are used when you find adjacent teeth over only just one side of the missing teeth or tooth.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges: These are made up plastic teeth and gums are supported by metal framework. The metal wings on the either side over the bridge are seen getting bonded to your current teeth.
Tooth Replacement: Dental Implants
Third and the last option come in the form of dental implants, which gives you a feeling of natural teeth. These are permanent fixtures of titanium posts, which are anchored to jawbone and are topped over with individual replacement teeth or using bridge, which cements or screws over the posts.
The benefits of dental implants
A patient choosing for dental implants are more likely to enjoy a wide range of benefits, which are enlisted as below:
- Your mouth will be restored very much closely as much possible to the natural state
- Implants are permanent and you will not find loosening
- It helps in keeping you younger by simply preventing shrinkage of jawbone
- It helps in deterring further the bone loss
- You do not need any adhesive for the same
- Enjoy food as can chew the best.
Thus with dental implants, one can enjoy a wide range of benefits, which are hard to find.