What Is an Ectopic Pregnancy?
An ectopic pregnancy can be seen occurring among women when you fertilized egg that re attaches itself at a location other than the uterus. A majority of ectopic pregnancies can be seen occurring over the fallopian tube and at times can be even added over the tubal pregnancies. The fallopian tubes are not often devised in order to keep the growth of embryo on hold and therefore keep the fertilized egg inside the tubal pregnancies that cannot be seen getting developed a proper way and thus should be treated the best. The ectopic pregnancy simply happens to be one out of fifty pregnancies. Now, let’s dig in deep into this treatment option as under:
What Causes an Ectopic Pregnancy?
The causes of the ectopic pregnancy can be seen going as under:
- An inflammation or infection over the fallopian tube that can block the tube completely or partially blocked.
- The scar tissue from the earlier infection or due to the surgical procedure found over the tube that can hamper the movement of the eggs.
- Earlier procedure over the pelvic area over the tubes that can bring in adhesions
- Abnormal growths or the defects seen due to birth can bring in the issue of abnormality seen over the shape of the tube.
Who is at risk for having an ectopic pregnancy?
The risks factors for the ectopic pregnancy can include the following:
- The Maternal age group of 35-44 years
- The previous ectopic pregnancy
- The earlier Pelvic/abdominal surgery
- The Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- A number of induced abortions
- Getting conceived after having the tubal ligation or while with having the IUD over the place
- The fertility treatments or consumption of fertility medications
How Is An Ectopic Pregnancy Diagnosed?
When it comes to diagnosing ectopic pregnancy, the doctor carries out the pelvic test to find out the location of the pain, the mass over the abdomen and tenderness. Your doctor will be seen using ultrasound in order to find out whether the uterus is seen developing fetus. The measurement over the hCG levels is really very much vital, while with hCG level can be found over the lower level and is seen expected to the suspect reasons to ectopic pregnancy. Your doctor can even the test the progesterone levels of the patient, which is considered to be the symptom of ectopic pregnancy. Also, the doctor can be seen carrying out the test called culdocentesis that is actually inserting needles over the vagina behind the uterus area just front over the rectum area. If the patient has blood in the said area, this would indicate the bleeding from the fallopian tube that is ruptured.
How Is An Ectopic Pregnancy Treated?
There are various ways to treat ectopic pregnancies, however, laparoscopic approach is one of the most preferred options for the surgeons and patients for reasons like quicker recovery and effective treatment. The procedure is carried out using general anesthesia for the patient, followed by inserting the laparoscope inside the body in order to remove the ectopic pregnancy element followed by repairing or removing the affected fallopian tube. However, in case the affected tube is not removed laparoscopic method then you have another surgical choice known as laparotoy is considered to fix the ailment of ectopic pregnancies.
There is a fair amount of chance of treating the ectopic pregnancies provided you choose the right way. As per reports, with this treatment, more than 60 percent of women with this issue are able to conceive in the future. All you need is an effective option to fix this problem once for all and see the results.
Read here to get more about: Laparoscopic Ectopic Pregnancy Surgery