Unlike men, women can even be the victim of heart diseases leading to heart attacks. The fact of the matter is women are more prone to heart ailments than men despite the notion that they are less vulnerable to cardiac issues claims the researchers. As per the WHO, more than 17.3 million lives are lost due to cardiovascular diseases which carry more female population than the men. Over the past few years, more and more women are seen reported with the heart diseases claims the interventional cardiologists from Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. The recently observed World Heart Day, women above forties is often seen more vulnerable than the men. In fact, there is much of the common and lethal kind of notions that women are not the part of heart diseases that prove wrong for many reasons. The matter of fact is that women in US or any other place is more the victims of heart ailments as compared to the ones seen in men.
Cardiovascular disease symptoms in women different than men
The woman who remains untreated on an account of undiagnosed issues for long before having the heart attack, now let’s check the reasons. Generally, men are seen experiencing a lot about the heart attack signs over the chest pain, breath shortness and arm pain. The women symptoms of fatigue, dizziness and nausea are seen different and are often called as stress. In one of the studies the women with heart ailments, the following would be the symptoms:
- Unusual fatigue
- Trouble in sleep
- Shortness of breath
- Anxiety and
Consider the Statistics
As per a number of studies, a women going to a cardiac hospital for heart ailments has much higher level of death rate as compared to men and have more risks or complications
- A premenopausal woman who is seen having heart attack is seen having twice the death rate of any man of elderly age group
- 64 percent of women who are seen losing their life suddenly seen with heart ailments having no earlier symptoms
- More are the number of women than men who are seen losing their life within the first year after having the heart attack
Heart disease linked with menopause
The loss of natural estrogen like women age can end up contributing to the higher risk of having heart ailments after the menopause. There are other factors as well, which remain instrumental in putting the heart of women at stake. Some of these are as under:
- The changes seen in the walls over the blood vessels thus making things more likely for issues like plague and blood clots to form
- The changes taking place in the level of fats found in blood
- Increases the fibrinogen levels, which boost up the blood levels of fibrinogen, which are linked to heart ailments like stroke leading to the blood flow
Recommended treatment for women
As per the American Heart Association (AHA), the women can prevent the heart ailments with the following options:
- Keep the cholesterol levels under control, which means the LDL should under 100 mg/dL and keep the HDL greater then 500mg/dL and triglycerides less than the 150 mg/dl.
- Have a health and active lifestyle, which can be carried out with loads of exercises and maintain good amount of weight and thus consume the balanced diet
- Keep the blood pressure going up to 120/80mm. the BP should be higher than the 140/90mm HG.
Taking certain simple precautions like exercise, a good heart care and stress management can really help you in keeping the doctor away and help you remain fit keeping the heart ailments at the bay.