What is endometriosis?
Endometriosis is basically an abnormal cells growth, which is similar to the ones that is seen forming the lining or inside of tissues of woman’s uterus. The endometrial cells are the lining cells over the uterus and over the cells, which shed over the tissues at the uterus that are known as the endometriosis implants. All these implants are usually discovered over the ovaries, outer surfaces over the uterus and fallopian tubes along with the intestines, uterus walls and the pelvic lining. These can be even found over the bladder, vagina, and vagina and even in the pelvis. These can be even seen rarely over surgery scars and liver, brain and lung. The endometrial implants can be seen causing issues.
What are the symptoms of endometriosis?
Most of the time, endometriosis are known to have no symptoms, however, some of the common types of signs could include the following:
- Abdominal cramps/back pain during the menstruation
- Extremely painful menstrual cramps
- Painful bowel movements
- Painful urination during the menstruation
- Heavy or abnormal bleeding during menstruation
- Pain while having sex
- Pregnancy becomes difficult
Does endometriosis cause endometrial cancer?
Endometriosis is not at all cancer, and its presence doesn’t really add the risk having any kind of cancers. Any woman is seen having menstrual periods; it can get you issues like endometriosis. It can occur in woman in the age group of 25 to 40, however, it can be seen occurring in young women. The conditions are not so common among old ladies who do not have kids.
Does endometriosis make you infertile?
A majority women having endometriosis can have kids, however, if you have this condition, the pregnancy would depend upon the severity of the ailment and the way it responds to the treatment. Making your doctor aware regarding your reproductive desires will only help the doctors to choose the further course of action and working out the family planning goals. Generally, the period of observation without having any observation is actually seen getting the treatment before moving ahead for the surgical treatments.
What is the cause of endometriosis?
Though the exact causes of this ailment are unknown but most of the experts feel that there are several factors responsible factors including hormonal, genetic and immunological reasons. The patches created by this ailment can be sticky and thus can join the organs to each other. The term for the same is adhesions.
What is the treatment for endometriosis?
When it comes to treatment of the endometriosis, there are several options, which are primarily of two types as discussed under:
- Medications for Endometriosis: This is effective for the mild kind of endometriosis as the doctor is seen recommending pills for the same day. The hormone treatment can be easily helped in reducing the size of the tissue growths. Once this treatment ceases, the growths are often seen getting to the original size. The hormones can even reduce the amount of blood that is produced during the process of menstruation giving tissues enough time to get healed.
- Surgery: For severe kind of endometriosis, this is an effective treatment options. These include the scar tissues that can be removed using the laparoscopic surgery. This can even help in improving the pain symptoms that can boost up the chances for the pregnancy. The other option could be hysterectomy, which helps in removing the uterus and ovaries. The less commonly kind of procedures that can help in getting away with the pain due to this ailment can include the procedure called Presacral Neurectomy and Laparoscopic Uterosacral Nerve Ablation (LUNA).
This ailment can be best treated with the help of surgery, which helps in removing the symptoms along with making things better for your life. The above are some of the treatment options that can help in settling down things right.