What is minimally invasive heart surgery?
A minimal invasive methodology permits access to the heart through smaller cuts and without ceasing the heart, or isolating the breastbone (sternum) and ribcage, or obliging a heart-lung machine to be utilized.
The incisions for heart surgery are about 4 – 5 inches, replacing conventional bigger and deeper cuts of 7 – 8 inches.
1. Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery – Valve surgeries, including valve repairs and valve substitutions, are the most widely recognized sort of minimal invasive surgery, representing 87 percent of all insignificantly intrusive cardiovascular surgeries.
2. Minimally Invasive CABG Surgery – Minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass graft (MIDCABG) surgery is an alternative for many patients who needs a left internal bypass graft for mammary artery to the left descending artery in anterior.
Also Saphenous (leg) vein harvest is implanted using minmal invasive process.
3. Off-pump/beating heart bypass surgery – Other procedures include MAZE Procedure for Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation, Multi-Vessel Small Thoracotomy, Single-Vessel Small Thoracotomy, Minimally Invasive Treatment for Atrial Septal Defect (ASD), Minimally Invasive Treatment for Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD), USC Cardiac Electrophysiology Service.
4. Robot-assisted heart surgery – In this surgery, the precise moves performed in customary open midsection operation are copied by the specialist utilizing mechanical arms, as opposed to his or her hands. In this system, your specialist lives up to expectations at a remote re-assure and perspectives your heart in an amplified top quality 3-D picture on a feature screen.
From the remote re-assure, your specialist’s hand developments are made an interpretation of definitely to the automated arms at the working table, which move also to the human wrist. A second specialist and surgical group helps at the working table, changing surgical instruments appended to the automated arms.
Advantages of Minimally invasive heart surgery
It is most improved technique of the period but this can’t be option for anyone and everyone. Some parameters are to be followed to get best results. Thos depends a lot on patient’s general health conditions. These types of surgeries are offering several benefits in patient’s life suffering with cardiac disorder.
- blood loss is less
- infection is low
- trauma and pain are reduced
- hospitalization is less , quick recovery and quicker return to normal activities
- Smaller, less noticeable scars
Risk factors of minimally invasive heart surgery
Common complications and risks are in every surgery but our experts make sure to lower down these factors.
- Blood blocks ( clots ) in the legs that may travel to the lungs
- Blood loss
- Breathing problems
- Heart attack or stroke
- Infection of the lungs, urinary tract, and chest
- Temporary or permanent brain injury
How Safe and Effective Is this surgery?
The results are precise and harmless. This proves minimal invasive surgery type is very useful, safe and also effective. The advantages of treatment type are well known by every patient undergoing the surgery and are also aware about all risks, but the complication rates are very less.
All to tell is the patient should choose surgeon and place wisely with all possibilities in mind. Surgeon should be skilled and well qualified to operate minimal invasive procedures and familiar with international protocols. The surgery takes two to three days of hospital stay and good nursing services will allow patient to recover more quick.
All together, heart surgery is package with high advantage and satisfaction.